Our next p/t 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training begins January 12, 2018. We are now starting to accept program applications.
Email email@example.com to be added to the list to receive details regarding our teacher training programs or to request an application package.
Same extensive program content, with a manageable weekend schedule over 18 weeks. Payment plan options available.
Our Yoga Alliance registered training focuses on working with the individual needs and goals of teacher trainees. Trainees will come away from this program having immersed more fully in their own Yoga practice and prepared to share their love of Yoga with others through teaching safe and effective Yoga classes. Our training exceeds the minimum requirements set by Yoga alliance and is facilitated by Kim Sheridan, as well as many experienced guest teachers, including Lauren Roegele, Carol Wray, Daniel Clement, Kerri McLeod, Karm Kaila, Michael Rudd, and Tanya Armstrong.
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Practicum and Final Exam
What you will take away:
- A thorough study of numerous asanas (poses), including alignment, benefits and contraindications of the specific poses
- An introduction to several classic texts of yoga, yoga philosophy, and ideas on how to integrate these concepts into your classes and lifestyle
- Lots of opportunity to practice teaching skills and prepare effective class themes and sequences
- You will learn how to modify your teaching for specific populations (beginners, seniors, pregnancy)
- Learn basic anatomy as it applies to Yoga postures and movement
- Guidance on how to find opportunities to teach that best support your teaching style, abilities and goals
- Have a serious and sincere interest in Yoga and a strong desire to deepen your personal Yoga practice
- Ability to devote your attention to the program, including time for daily homework, some additional studio classes and workshops, reading and practice
- Be in good physical condition, such that you can practice Yoga daily (inquire regarding specific injuries or limitations)
- A willingness to continue to learn, practice and refine skills after the end of the 200 hour teacher training
- Commitment to attend the majority of classes as scheduled – a minimum number of contact hours must be completed for successful completion of the program
Part-time program begins January 12, 2018. Classes run on Friday evenings, Saturdays (full-day) and the occasional holiday Monday (as indicated with *) or Sunday guest instructor. There is one weekend per month without scheduled training in order to facilitate rest and time with family. Please note that there will be some additional workshop, classes and events at the studio where attendance is required until a minimum number of contact hours are met (several choices will be provided).
January 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
February 9, 10, *12, 16, 17, 23, 24
March 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 31 (no class on Good Friday)
April *2, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
May 4, 5, 11, 12 (Graduation!)
Hours *some exceptions:
Fridays 7-9:30 p.m.
Saturdays and holiday Mondays 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Paid in full by the start date: $2500 (plus $125 gst) = $2625, if paid in full on or before Jan. 12.
Payment Plan Option #1: 3 payments of $775 (plus $38.75 gst ea. payment), AFTER $250 deposit received = $2691.25, total payments with payment plan option #1
Payment Plan Option #2 (pay monthly): 5 payments of $475 (plus $23.75 gst ea. payment), AFTER $250 deposit received = $2743.75, total payments with payment plan option #2
$250 deposit is required to hold your space.
Tuition includes the cost of all instruction as well as handout materials. Students are responsible for the purchase of several additional required reading materials and texts (approximate cost: $55). A list will be sent to you upon acceptance to the program.
Yoga Teacher Training Deposit
Part-time 200 hour program, starting Jan. 2018. Please wait for acceptance into the program before placing your deposit.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request an application package.
Lahari Teacher Training Reviews
Read some of the comments our past YTT students have placed on the Yoga Alliance review feedback form:
“I’m truly blessed to have had the opportunity to do my yoga teacher training with Kim Sheridan at Lahari Yoga. Not only is she an amazing teacher, who is very passionate about yoga and wellness, but she’s one of the kindest, most encouraging people I have ever met. I look forward to learning more from Kim and the yoga community!” – Samantha T.
“Very supportive environment to do my 200 hour yoga teaching training at. The instructor Kim Sheridan is so knowledgeable and caring. I’m so glad chose Lahari yoga to be part of my journey. The other teacher there where very warm and welcoming as well.:)” – Charlotte R.
“I found the training to be exceptional. It was great to have different instructors lead classes and provide instruction. The training was organized and I feel skilled to go out and teach.” – Ann W.
“My YTT-200 at Lahari Yoga with Kim was a transformative experience. Kim creates a fun and safe learning environment, and also brings in several awesome guest instructors. I learned so much and am now fired up and keen to delve even deeper into mudras, mantras, and pranayama, as well as asana. I am using much of my YTT knowledge to enrich my counselling practice and spread the gift of yoga to my clients!” – Pauline C.
“fabulous program. fabulous studio. fabulous faculty. what more could I ask for :)” – Jen D.
“This was a fantastic learning experience. Kim made the course fun and accessible. I couldn’t believe how much I learned! I feel I am totally prepared to begin teaching yoga.” – Kelly H
“Lahari Yoga and Wellness is not only an amazing studio with very skilled teachers but the 200 hour training program was alignment based and a very evolved yoga teacher training.” – Karen W.
“Kim Sheridan, as well as each of the guest instructors, were amazing! I learned so much and left feeling very confident and prepared to deepen my own yoga practice and to safely and effectively share my knowledge and skills with others. I very highly recommend the YTT program at Lahari!” – Melissa Q.
“Lahari provided me with an excellent teacher training program. I would definitely recommend this school to anybody interested in obtaining their 200 hour yoga teacher training.” – Patrick C