Restorative Yoga Immersion
Learn to teach this grounding and healing practice to others. You will take away from this program everything you need to begin to offer a deeply relaxing restorative experience. There is no better feeling than observing long-held tensions in your students bodies release as they begin to breathe more deeply and settle into stillness. This course is also suitable for students wanting to delve deeper into restorative practices for personal benefit or for professionals who use relaxation techniques in their career.
In this course you will:
- Explore the fundamentals of Restorative Yoga; the scientific benefits and profound mind-body effects of the practice
- Gain an in depth understanding of a comprehensive syllabus of restorative poses, including individual pose benefits, contraindications, modifications and variations of each posture
- Learn to use props skillfully and how to teach your students how to care for themselves
- Develop clear cues and language for key restorative postures and transitions
- Learn how to skillfully theme and sequence for restorative practices
- Practice hands on adjustments
- Learn to guide meditation / visualization and breathing practices
Please Note: This program is now delivered in a Module format, Module One is being offered at Sweet Serenity Yoga on Monday, February 18 from 10-6pm.
Introduction to Restorative Yoga – Immersion – MODULE ONE
This full-day session has been designed for those who really want to begin to achieve deeper states of relaxation and for Yoga teachers who wish to share this grounding and healing practice with others. The material covered takes an “outside in”, layered approach to Restorative practices; incorporating asana, breath work, and meditation practices.
In this module you will:
- Receive an introduction to the fundamentals of Restorative Yoga; the scientific benefits and profound mind-body effects of the practice
- Gain an in depth understanding of a foundation syllabus of restorative poses, including individual pose benefits, contraindications, modifications and variations of each posture
- Learn to use props skillfully
- Get an introduction to guided meditation and breathing practices that support relaxation
- Enjoy a full-length Restorative Yoga class + extended meditation practice
Included: Course Reference Materials
Date: Monday, February 18 (BC Family Day), 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Cost: $99 (plus GST)
Note for Teachers Regarding Upcoming Modules: This 8 hour session is Module One of the Introduction to Restorative Teacher Training. Module Two will include more focus on teaching skills; including cuing and language for restorative postures, transitions, introduction to sequencing restorative practices and hands on adjustments. Module Three is ‘Advanced Restorative Teacher Training’ and is only open to those having taken the Intro to Restorative Yoga full-length program and/or Module One and Two. All Modules are eligible for Yoga Alliance CEC.