Our next p/t 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training begins September 2017!
Same great program content, manageable weekend schedule. Payment plan options available.
Our Yoga Alliance registered training focuses on working with the individual needs and goals of teacher trainees. Trainees will come away from this program having immersed more fully in their own Yoga practice and prepared to share their love of Yoga with others through teaching safe and effective Yoga classes. Our training exceeds the minimum requirements set by Yoga alliance and is led by Kim Sheridan, E-RYT200, YACEP, as well as many experienced guest teachers.
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Practicum and Final Exam
What you will take away:
- A thorough study of numerous asanas (poses), including alignment, benefits and contraindications of the specific poses.
- An introduction to several classic texts of yoga, yoga philosophy, and ideas on how to integrate these concepts into your classes
- Lots of opportunity to practice teaching skills and prepare effective class themes and sequences
- You will learn how to modify your teaching for specific populations (beginners, seniors, pregnancy)
- Learn basic principles of Yoga therapeutics and anatomy of movement
- Guidance on how to find opportunities to teach that best support your teaching style, abilities and goals and an opportunity to be mentored by experienced Yoga teachers.
- Have a serious and sincere interest in Yoga
- Ability to devote your attention to the program, including time for daily homework, some additional studio classes and workshops, reading and practice
- Be in good physical condition, such that you can practice Yoga daily (inquire regarding injuries, limitations)
- Strong desire to learn and deepen your personal Yoga practice
- A willingness to continue to learn, practice and refine skills after the end of the 200 hour teacher training
- Commitment to attend the majority of classes as scheduled – a minimum number of contact hours must be completed for successful completion of the program.
This intensive 2.5-month long training, is scheduled over the weekends, as well 2 evening classes per week. There is also as some additional mandatory class and workshop attendance at Lahari Yoga studio (at no additional cost).
September 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 25, 29, 30
October 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30
November 3, 4, 6, 10, 12, 13 (9-5pm), 17, 18, 20, 24, and 25 (Graduation!)
Hours *some exceptions:
Fridays 7-9:30pm, Saturdays 9am-6pm, Sundays 12-6pm (weeks 1 + 2 then alternating every 2nd week), and Mondays 6:30-9:30pm
Paid in full by September 8: $2300 (plus gst)
Payment Plan Option: 3 payments of $725 (after deposit of $250 – plus gst) (due on Sept. 8, Oct. 1, Nov. 1)
$250 deposit is required to hold your space.
Tuition includes the cost of all instruction as well as handout materials. Students are responsible for the purchase of several additional required reading materials and texts (approximate cost: $55). A list will be sent to you upon acceptance to the program.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request an application package.
Fall 2017 Yoga Teacher Training (200 hr p/t) – Deposit
Program begins September 8, 2017. Deposit will be deducted from the tuition amount (will the exception of the payment plan option, already calculated into the totals).
Fall 2017 Yoga Teacher Training (200 hr p/t) – AFTER DEPOSIT
Program begins September 8, 2017. Deposit has been deducted from the tuition amount. If you have not yet paid your deposit, please also select the above deposit amount and add to cart.
Lahari Teacher Training Reviews
Read some of the comments our past YTT students have placed on the Yoga Alliance review feedback form:
“I’m truly blessed to have had the opportunity to do my yoga teacher training with Kim Sheridan at Lahari Yoga. Not only is she an amazing teacher, who is very passionate about yoga and wellness, but she’s one of the kindest, most encouraging people I have ever met. I look forward to learning more from Kim and the yoga community!” – Samantha T.
“Very supportive environment to do my 200 hour yoga teaching training at. The instructor Kim Sheridan is so knowledgeable and caring. I’m so glad chose Lahari yoga to be part of my journey. The other teacher there where very warm and welcoming as well.:)” – Charlotte R.
“I found the training to be exceptional. It was great to have different instructors lead classes and provide instruction. The training was organized and I feel skilled to go out and teach.” – Ann W.
“My YTT-200 at Lahari Yoga with Kim was a transformative experience. Kim creates a fun and safe learning environment, and also brings in several awesome guest instructors. I learned so much and am now fired up and keen to delve even deeper into mudras, mantras, and pranayama, as well as asana. I am using much of my YTT knowledge to enrich my counselling practice and spread the gift of yoga to my clients!” – Pauline C.
“fabulous program. fabulous studio. fabulous faculty. what more could I ask for :)” – Jen D.
“This was a fantastic learning experience. Kim made the course fun and accessible. I couldn’t believe how much I learned! I feel I am totally prepared to begin teaching yoga.” – Kelly H
“Lahari Yoga and Wellness is not only an amazing studio with very skilled teachers but the 200 hour training program was alignment based and a very evolved yoga teacher training.” – Karen W.
“Kim Sheridan, as well as each of the guest instructors, were amazing! I learned so much and left feeling very confident and prepared to deepen my own yoga practice and to safely and effectively share my knowledge and skills with others. I very highly recommend the YTT program at Lahari!” – Melissa Q.
“Lahari provided me with an excellent teacher training program. I would definitely recommend this school to anybody interested in obtaining their 200 hour yoga teacher training.” – Patrick C