Restorative Yoga Teacher’s Immersion – Introduction (25 hours)
Learn to teach this grounding and healing practice to others. You will take away from this 20 hour program everything you need to begin to offer a deeply relaxing restorative experience. There is no better feeling than observing long-held tensions in your students bodies release as they begin to breathe more deeply and settle into stillness. This course is also suitable for students wanting to delve deeper into restorative practices for personal benefit or for professionals who use relaxation techniques in their career.
In this course you will:
- Explore the fundamentals of Restorative Yoga; the scientific benefits and profound mind-body effects of the practice
- Gain an in depth understanding of a comprehensive syllabus of restorative poses, including individual pose benefits, contraindications, modifications and variations of each posture
- Learn to use props skillfully and how to teach your students how to care for themselves
- Develop clear cues and language for key restorative postures and transitions
- Learn how to skillfully theme and sequence for restorative practices
- Practice hands on adjustments
- Learn to guide meditation / visualization and breathing practices
BONUS: 2-hour Sound Healing Workshop with Cindy Babyn
Students will learn about the principles of sound healing, New Age philosophies regarding the chakras, and explore ideas about appropriately incorporating music into yoga classes. Cindy offers a ‘grounded insight’ to sound. The workshop will also include information on a variety of world music instruments such as the Balinese ceremonial gong, Chinese Feng gong, Himalayan prayer bowls, crystal singing bowls, chimes, tanpura, and more. Participants will gain a better idea of which instrument they could choose to incorporate into their yoga classes and will have an opportunity to try some of the instruments.
BONUS: 2-hour Art of Savasana workshop
Savasana (Corpse Pose) may be the most important pose in your Yoga practice. Its benefits include helping relieve stress and mild depression, relaxes the body, reduces headache, fatigue, and insomnia and lowers blood pressure. Despite its many benefits, it has been referred to as the easiest pose to do and the hardest to master! Whether you find it a challenge to achieve a comfortable position physically, to anchor the mind in quiet long enough to achieve a resting state or you just LOVE this special pose, this workshop has been designed with you in mind.
Learn to engage the entire mind, body and spirit in a deeper conscious resting state than ever before with a combination of gentle movement, restorative poses, guided breath work and savasana practiced in its many variations, including the use of props and adjustments. Prepare to feel relaxed like never before!
Included: Course Reference Manual
The next training is scheduled to take place at Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness in North Delta.
Dates & Times:
Friday, January 11, 6-9:30 p.m. – Cindy Babyn, Sound Healing Workshop
Saturday, January 12, 1-6 p.m.
Sunday, January 13, 1-6 p.m.
Friday, January 18, 6-9:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 19, 1-6 p.m.
Sunday, January 20, 1-6 p.m.
Cost: Early Bird Pricing $449 (plus gst), regular price, after Nov. 1 is $499 (plus gst), register through the Sweet Serenity Yoga website or in studio.
Advanced Restorative Yoga Teacher’s Immersion (20 hours)
For those students that have completed the Introduction to Restorative Yoga Immersion or have experience practicing and teaching Restorative Yoga. This 20 hour curriculum is designed to build upon and deepen your knowledge of restorative practices while further honing your teaching skills.
In this training you will:
• Expand your repertoire of Restorative poses and variation, including the practice of ‘advanced’ restorative poses and propping techniques
• Explore creative sequencing methodology, including class design for specific student populations (elderly, pregnancy, trauma-sensitive)
• Learn to incorporate Yoga philosophy and heart-based theming to your teaching
• Practice skillful cuing as well as verbal and ‘hands-on’ adjustments
Dates & Times (training also taking place at Sweet Serenity Yoga):
Saturday, February 2, 1-6 p.m.
Sunday, February 3, 1-6 p.m.
Saturday, February 9, 1-6 p.m.
Sunday, February 10, 1-6 p.m.
Early Bird Pricing (before Nov. 1) $399+gst
regular price (after Nov. 1) $449+gst